Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Begging for Change

A disheveled man came up to me asking for change.
I told him I couldn't.
He asked me why.
I said, "I ain't no politician!"

The disheveled man was absolutely clueless. Can you believe him asking for change? Impossible. The only way change could ever happen is if enough people wanted change. Enough being the majority and not the minority, and even if you are the majority, you have to be careful. If there happens to be a couple of real nasty assholes in government who go against the majority with their dainty filibusters, than you might as well quit and go to a country where change could happen. Like where? Well, countries that seem to have a lot of change seem to be young countries. You know, the kind of country that just started, and they have a whole pack of factions vying for power. I hear Iraq is a place of constant change. I don't remember if its a change of blood or course, but what do we care? Its not as if we're over there trying to help them.

OH...that's not good.

No comments: